What is this site?
How to use this site:
Who's running the show?
Meet Matt Fernald!
And, Rius Chua!
This site is:
→ A free, ever-growing musical resource for children and their caregivers;
→ A home for Golden Acorn Music's services
- Songs & Lyrics contains hundreds of songs for children, complete with lyrics, motions, video/audio, and chords.
- Lesson Plans contains plans for each of Golden Acorn Music's partner schools.
Under Resources, you will find:
- Information for Schools, with information about our music classes.
- Class Materials, with recommendations for books, instruments, recordings, and more.
- Music @ Home, with external links to podcasts, online music channels, and websites filled with children's songs and rhymes.
- Curriculum Goals, with detailed descriptions of our curriculum at all preschool ages.
- Vocabulary, with an organized list of fundamental musical vocabulary and definitions.
Every week, we divide our time between several Bay Area preschools so that children can have a regular time for music that is engaging and instructive. Our focus is mainly on singing and rhythm, with additional emphasis on instrumental prowess, movement, and vocabulary.