A classroom of children and their teachers, happily engaged in musical learning and activities. There is singing, moving, laughter — and after the last song, you lift your basket of instruments and head to the next room, where it all happens again.
Who are you? We are Golden Acorn Music. we specialize in bringing high-quality music programs to Bay Area preschools and libraries.
What do you do? Our teachers drive between local schools, delivering our weekly curriculum directly to the children and teachers.
Okay. What will I be doing? As a teacher with us, it all comes down to you: From the moment you arrive at a school to the moment you leave, you are on the floor. You'll engage with the children, of course, but you'll also collaborate with the adults in the school.
Cool! This sounds pretty serious... and fun...? You're right! We take our work seriously, but we never lose sight of the fact that play and fun are essential to children's healthy growth.
So, jump to it! Join our new, fast-growing organization!
The Schedule: Scheduling is up to you! You ultimately control when and how much you work, but know that most schools will want you to teach on weekday mornings. Any afternoon classes will fall between 2:30-5:00. Teachers tend to make between $80-125 per morning and $45-75 per afternoon.
- High hourly wage, sick pay, annual raises, and bonuses
- Upward mobility in a rapidly expanding organization
- Schedule flexibility: You control when and how much you work
- Paid training and ongoing support
- Colleagues and managers who also teach, and so are in touch with what you need to succeed
Applicants should have:
- Experience working with young children
- A passion for education, especially in music
- Confidence in singing, especially in front of a group
- Ability to drive between locations in the Bay Area